Rates and Services
- $175.00 per night (base rate includes 2 adult guests and the whole house)
- 6% Illinois hotel tax will be added
- $20.00 additional fee per person age 21+
- Kid friendly: $15 per child (age 7-20). Age 6 and under stay FREE. Ask us about a pack and play and/or high chair...available at no extra charge.
- We are open year round
- Event Fee (baby/bridal shower, retreat, reunion, birthday party, etc). Minimum one night stay required (may be negotiable)
- $75.00 for up to 8 non-guests, with 10pm 'curfew'
- over 8 non-guests...call for current pricing and if accomodations are possible
- To hold your reservation, we require a MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit card number, expiration date, and security code (no charge made at this time).
- There is an 8 adult maximum in the log home; 6 adult maximum in the Cabina.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, checks and cash. With multiple guests, we ask to swipe only ONE credit card at checkout please, but will take multiple checks, or a combination of 1 credit card, cash and checks to cover total amount due.
- Cancellation: one night's charge if not cancelled 7 days prior to normal check-in time of 3 pm. Holiday weekend cancellation requires 30 day notice, with a 2 night charge if not done per policy.
- Leaving a day early from your reservation = $100 early check-out fee
- No visitors without prior approval. Non-guests may be asked to leave. See Event Fee rate above.
- No Smoking inside cabins. We reserve the right to charge your credit card a $250 clean-up fee if policy not followed. Ashtrays provided on porches.
- No pets
- Holiday weekends require a 2 night minimum stay and 30 day cancellation notice
- Please clean up any personal untidiness, such as muddy or dirty floors, food/drink spillages, trash, bottles and cans. If the condition of the cabin is excessively messy or damaged, an additional fee may be charged to your credit card.
- If you accidentally break or leave with an item from the cabin, we reserve the right to charge your credit card for the cost.
- Pond is for bank fishing only. NO swimming nor water activities due to no lifeguard or no depth markings. Fish at your own risk. You assume all responsibility for any and all incidents, injuries, and/or accidents that may occur while staying as our guest, and agree to hold Bear Grove Cabins harmless for such occurrences.
Your crockpot evening meal, loaf of homemade bread, complimentary bottle of Illinois wine and wine glasses will be ready around 5-6 pm, but this is negotiable. Breakfast is also included (see info below)
We call you several days prior to arrival to get your meal preferences for each day. You choose from an email we send at the time you make your reservation. Crockpot (beef, pork, chicken) and wine (white or red, dry, etc) and breakfast choice. Please inform us about any food allergies or dislikes at this time.
- Table set with place mats, cloth napkins, wine glasses, etc.
- Fireplace (gas in log home...wood burning in Cabina)
- Satellite flatscreen HDTV/DVD with surround sound
- Game table (in loft of log home) checkers & backgammon
- Magazines, books, dice game, playing cards, board games
- Bath robes in each closet
- Jackets in foyer closet
- Extra blanket and pillow in each closet
- Complimentary snack basket (popcorn, granola bars, hard candies, etc)
- S'mores basket is seasonal
- Alarm clock, hairdryer, iron, luggage racks, portable radio
- Coffeepot (Folger's provided), microwave, gas range and full size refrigerator (bag of ice in freezer)
- Breakfast will be fully cooked and in the refrigerator for you (to reheat) when you are ready. Juice included. We will give you one of the following selections to choose:
- hash brown casserole ( ham, sausage, plain)
- tater tot quiche (ham, sausage, plain)
- fruit plate with morning bread (possibilities are banana or zucchini bread)
- walnut topped oven-puffed french toast with sausage or bacon on the side
- basil breakfast strata with smoked sausage kabobs
- fix your own: we provide the farm fresh eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits or bread to toast and jelly, potatoes & onion to fry.
Your outdoor amenities include:
- Covered porch, patio table with 4 chairs
- Weber BBQ grill with charcoal and starter (charcoal chimney available)
- Three acre fishing pond (bank fishing)
- Firepit with firewood provided
- Walking trails (map available)
- Hillbilly/ladder golf, bocce balls
- Bird watching (binoculars and ID book provided)
- Wildlife by chance - deer, fox, raccoons, ducks, geese, turkey, pheasant, and more
- Free parking (electrical outlet access to recharge your boat battery @ log home)
- Lawn chairs (4)
- Picnic table
- Spacious yard
- Ashtrays for outdoor smoking
What to bring with you:
- DVD's, CD's
- Your favorite indoor family games
- Outdoor games - football, soccer ball, badminton, ball and gloves, croquet, etc
- Fishing pole and bait for bass, blue gill and catfish from our pond
- Snacks, beverages, brats, hotdogs, frozen pizza, etc (Lunch is on your own)
- Your favorite book, scrapbooking materials, etc
- WiFi is only available if you are close to our house. We provide the access code should you need internet service.
Snack Trays available for $20. Must be ordered before check-in and may include the following:
- Meat and cheese tray - assorted lunch meats, cheeses and crackers
- Fruit platter - assortment of seasonal fruits with morning bread - zucchini, banana or pumpkin are the possibilities
- Check-in anytime after 3 p.m.
- Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Handicap Accessible / Limited Mobility
The Cabina West has no steps to get inside and is one level. There is a walk-in shower, with a built-in bench along 2 walls, including under the waterfall. Our interior doors are 32 inches and wheelchair passable.